The current work load is still affecting my time for getting out our automation status reports. The current updates are a bit old but still worth to mention. So lets get them out.
As mentioned in my last report, we had issues with Mozmill on Windows while running our restart tests. So during a restart of Firefox, Mozmill wasn’t waiting long enough to detect that the old process is gone, so a new instance has been started immediately. Sadly that process failed with the profile already in use error. Reason here was a broken handling of process.poll() in mozprocess, which Henrik fixed in bug 947248. Thankfully no other Mozmill release was necessary. We only re-created our Mozmill environments for the new mozprocess version.
With the ongoing pressure of getting automated tests implemented for the Metro mode of Firefox, our Softvision automation team members were concentrating their work on adding new library modules, and enhancing already existent ones. Another big step here was the addition of the Metro support to our Mozmill dashboard by Andrei. With that we got new filter settings to only show results for Metro builds.
When Henrik noticed one morning that our Mozmill-CI staging instance was running out of disk space, he did some investigation and has seen that we were using the identical settings from production for the build retention policy. Without having more then 40GB disk space we were trying to keep the latest 100 builds for each job. This certainly wont work, so Cosmin worked on reducing the amount of builds to 5. Beside this we were also able to fix our l10n testrun for localized builds of Firefox Aurora.
Given that we stopped support for Mozmill 1.5 and continued with Mozmill 2.0 already a while ago, we totally missed to update our Mozmill tests documentation on MDN. Henrik was working on getting all of it up-to-date, so new community members wont struggle anymore.